- Postal addresse
Phone: +386 2450 0155 Mobile: Fax: +386 2450 0221
Homepage: eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current research interests
Environmental risk of drugs with a special focus on substances with antimicrobial properties.
River sediment, risk of PBT substances from sediment for aquatic and terrestrial environment in the case of regular flooding.
Sediment sampling technologies, development of sediment samplers.
Risk of PBT substances in protected habitats and impact on endangered species,
Brown hare population dynamic.
Co-opted member for environmental risk assessment of veterinary drugs at CVMP; EMEA (European Medical Agency);
Member of the expert group on environmental quality standards (EG-EQS); JRC - European Commission,
Member of the national board for plant production products (FURS).
- Curriculum Vitae
Doctorandum : University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical faculty , Ljubljana, Slovenia, Topic of thesis: Risk of antimicrobial substances to the aquatic environment.
University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical faculty, Ljubljana, Slovenia, Graduation in 1986, Department of Biology. Topic of thesis: Spiders, predators of Sycamore lace bug.
Secondary school: Gimnazija Miloša Zidanška (II. Gimnazija) Maribor; Slovenija; 1974-1978.
1998-2009 Head of the Centre for Risk Assessment of Chemicals with Laboratory
1992-1998 Project leader on development of Environmental Protection Biofilters
1987-1992 Researcher in development of environmental technologies
1986-1987 Technologist in composting operations
1984-1986 High school teacher of biology
2009- Work Package 2 (Collection of data and models) collaborator of project CADASTER, a medium-sized project with 9 international partners and an overall budget of 4 mEuro. The CADASTER proposal was selected by the EU (DG Research) out of a pool of over 700 project proposals as the sole project of choice within the first call for proposals of the 7th EU Research Framework, to support the implementation of the new chemicals legislation in Europe - REACH.
2006-2008 Participant of the national project “Counselling of experts to the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning in the co-decision procedure of adopting the Directive on Environmental quality standards in the field of the Water Policy and amending the EU Directive 2000/60/EC (2007).
2007-2009 Project leader of a project “MS ROS-Mobile System for Managing of Solid and Liquid waste” in the scope of project arrangement “Technology for Peace”, Ministry of Defence.
2005-2006 Project leader in the joint project of Slovenia and the Netherlands “Environmental standards: setting the risk limits for water and sediments in the case of the Drava river, where the Netherlands were assisting PHI in Maribor in setting the Slovenian risk limits for water and sediment (2004-2006), with the actual chemicals risk assessments carried out by PHI.
- List of project-relevant publications publications
- PERSOONE, Guido, KOLAR, Boris. A practical and user-friendly toxicity classification system with microbiotests for natural waters and wastewaters. Environ. toxicol., 2003, no. 18, str. 395-402. [COBISS.SI-ID 575519].
- KOLAR, Boris. The future of environmental modeling in risk assessement in Slovenia : country report. V: NATO Advanced Research Workshop Modelling of the Environmental Chemical Exposure and Risk, Sofia, Bulgaria, 5-10 October 1999. [S. l.: s. n.], 1999, str. 1-3. [COBISS.SI-ID 476703]
- KOLAR, Boris. Risk assessment of the air pollution in Nova Gorica. V: ZIDAR, Primož (ur.), ZRIMEC, Alexis (ur.), BUDIHNA, Metka (ur.), DROBNE, Damjana (ur.), TIŠLER, Tatjana (ur.). 9th International Conference on Life Sciences of Slovenia - Life Sciences 2004 & 1 st International Congress on Toxicology in Slovenia with Workshops, Nova Gorica, Slovenia, September 18-22, 2004. Book of abstracts & programme. Ljubljana: Slovenian Society of Toxicology, 2004, str.58. [COBISS.SI-ID 547103]
- KOLAR, Boris. Exposure scenario HARETOX and risk assessment of plant protection products forbrown hare[!]. V: ZIDAR, Primož (ur.), ZRIMEC, Alexis (ur.), BUDIHNA, Metka (ur.), DROBNE, Damjana (ur.), TIŠLER, Tatjana (ur.). 9th International Conference on Life Sciences of Slovenia - Life Sciences 2004 & 1 st International Congress on Toxicology in Slovenia with Workshops, Nova Gorica, Slovenia, September 18-22, 2004. Book of abstracts & programme. Ljubljana: Slovenian Society of Toxicology, 2004, str. 163. [COBISS.SI-ID 18271961]
Other publications are available at http://izumbib.izum.si/bibliografije/Y20090630113042-12325.html.
Public Health Institute Maribor