Mojca Kos Durjava
Dr. Mojca Kos Durjava
- Postal addresse
Public Health Institute Maribor
Phone: +386 2450 0234 Mobile: Fax: +386 2450 0221
Homepage: eMail: email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Ljubljana, Slovenia, Ph.D. in Environmental Chemistry, 2006. Topic of thesis: Partitioning of hydrophobic substances in water, the impact of dissolved organic matter.
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Maribor, Slovenia, Graduation in 1996, Department of Analytical Chemistry. Topic of thesis: Optimization of carbamate ionselective electrode with chemical treatment of silver wire.
Project leader in the Centre for Risk Assessment of Chemicals with Laboratory.
Research work at RIVM, the Netherlands in the field of environmental chemistry (distribution of hydrophobic substances in water).
Head of Laboratory for Inorganic Analysis.
Analyst in the Laboratory for Inorganic Analysis and in the Laboratory for Water Analysis.
Work Package 2 (Collection of data and models) leader of project CADASTER, a medium-sized project with 9 international partners and an overall budget of 4 mEuro. The CADASTER proposal was selected by the EU (DG Research) out of a pool of over 700 project proposals as the sole project of choice within the first call for proposals of the 7th EU Research Framework, to support the implementation of the new chemicals legislation in Europe - REACH.
Participant of the national project “Counselling of experts to the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning in the co-decision procedure of adopting the Directive on Environmental quality standards in the field of the Water Policy and amending the EU Directive 2000/60/EC (2007).
Participant in the joint project of Slovenia and the Netherlands “Environmental standards: setting the risk limits for water and sediments in the case of the Drava river, where the Netherlands were assisting PHI in Maribor in setting the Slovenian risk limits for water and sediment (2004-2006), with the actual chemicals risk assessments carried out by PHI.
Cooperation in the research project Partitioning of hydrophobic substances in water, experiments and measurements at RIVM and University of Utrecht, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences IRAS, both from the Netherlands.
Cooperation in the research projects, experiments and measurements at the PHI: Analysis and validation of environmental samples (drinking, ground, surface and waste waters, soils, sediments, sewage sludges, wastes, emission and immission samples), food samples, biological samples, basic consumer goods.
- List of publications
- Durjava, M. 2003. Setting integrated environmental risk limits. In: Avran, Zeynep (ed.). Abstracts: 21st international symposium on toxicity assessment, 1-6 June 2003, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Kos Durjava, M., ter Laak, T.L., Hermens, J.L..M., Struijs, J., 2007. Distribution of PAHs and PCBs to dissolved organic matter: high distribution coefficients with consequences for environmental fate modelling. Chemosphere 67, 990-997.
- Royal Haskoning, RIVM, Grontmij/Aquasense, PHI. 2004-2006. Environmental Standards: setting the risk limits for water and sediments in the case of the Drava River. NL/SLO project.
- Ter Laak, T.L., Durjava,M., Struijs,J., Hermens,J.L..M., 2005. Solid Phase Dosing and Sampling Technique to Determine Partition Coefficients of Hydrophobic Chemicals in Complex Matrixes. Environ. Sci. Technol. 39, 3736-3742.